Did you recently injure your knee in an accident or on the athletic field? Or, are you experiencing chronic knee pain, swelling, or stiffness due to osteoarthritis or another condition? If conservative treatments aren’t relieving your symptoms, you may want to consider having knee surgery performed by the expert team at Tampa Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group. Founded in 1949, we’re the oldest orthopaedic center and sports injury clinic in Tampa, Florida, and we’re proud to be a division of Florida Medical Clinic.
Types of Knee Surgery Offered
Our knee surgery team is led by Dr. Daniel Murphy, a board-certified orthopaedic sports medicine surgeon who serves as a team physician for the New York Yankees. Dr. Murphy has extensive experience performing many inpatient and outpatient knee surgeries, including:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repairs
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Knee replacements
- Meniscus repairs
- Tendon repairs
Why Choose Us for Knee Surgery?
There are numerous knee doctors serving the Tampa Bay region, so why choose Tampa Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group for knee surgery? Consider that:
- We’ve made it our goal to deliver progressive, patient-centered care in a friendly and comfortable setting.
- We offer a unique blend of old and new, combining a traditional approach to patient care with a commitment to using state-of-the-art medical technologies like the Stryker®Triathlon implant system for knee replacements.
- Patients can also rely on us for postoperative rehabilitation services.
- We never pressure patients into undergoing knee surgery or any other type of orthopaedic surgery, and typically first attempt to treat their symptoms using conservative methods like corticosteroid injections, physical therapy, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, stem cell therapy, ultrasound therapy, and viscosupplementation(hyaluronic acid injections).
- We accept most insurances, including Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, UnitedHealthcare, and workers’ compensation.
Learn More About Our Approach to Knee Surgery
Are you ready to take the next step toward knee pain relief? Contact Tampa Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group today and let us know that you’d like to attend a consultation. We’ll gladly schedule a time for you to visit our Tampa, FL, office—located at 602 South Howard Avenue—so that we can tell you more about our practice and our approach to knee surgery.